the information we collect
personal information you give us permission to access
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purposes of our app, service and website. Using this information we can provide a personal, engaging experience that we hope you'll enjoy. We collect this data in the following ways:
- When you sign up and use Foundbite, you voluntarily give us some information such as your name, profile picture, foundbites, photos and an email you used to sign up. You can choose not to provide your real name but bear in mind it's going to be a lot harder for people to know who you are. If you're using our app then you are also asked for permission to use your location.
user statistics we accumulate
The technical information we collect allows us to gather data about how people are using Foundbite and what we can do to improve it. It's collected automatically and is pretty commonplace across all major apps and websites, but here's some of the key data we collect:
- Traffic data: Data such as your IP address or browser information is logged when you visit a page or connect to the service. It helps us analyse trends, see how long the site takes to load and see how people are accessing the site so we can adapt accordingly.
- Activity and device information: When you use the app we collect information about what features you use as well as crash reports and information about your device such as the operating system version and device model. Through these we can rid the app of those pesky bugs and annoying niggles.
how we use the information we collect
As mentioned above, we're collecting the data to help us make educated choices about how we design and build the app but there's some other ways we'll use the data too:
- Help friends find you: Although not a feature at the moment if you sign up with Facebook we may help your Facebook friends connect with you on Foundbite or alternatively, search for you via your email address.
- Respond to your questions: If you contact us with a problem we'll use the data your provide to get back in touch as soon as we can.
- Placing your Foundbites on the map: If you chose to allow Foundbite to access your location you'll foundbites will be accompanied by the place you took them and visible on the map of the world for other users to discover.
how and when we share your information
Foundbite is all about exploring the world's through the sights, and more importantly, sounds that other users have uploaded. When you upload a Foundbite anyone can view it and details such as your username and name are also available when viewing your profile. There are few other ways in which your profile data is shared:
- Foundbite employees or contractors: We have people working on the app, they need to be able to look at the back end system and database in order to keep it running.
- Other services: If you connect your account to Facebook and Twitter we'll share your information with them when we post a status on your behalf.
the control you have over your data
We've made it easy to keep control of your data. For example, you can:
- Change the personal data you submitted on signup such as your email, username or password.
- Disconnect Foundbite from your Facebook or Twitter accounts (just disconnect in the respective service).
- You can delete your account at any time by sending us an email (option to be added into the app soon) which will mean all associated data will be permanently deleted.
- Stop Foundbite from accessing your location and pinning your foundbites to the map.
our policy regarding children
You must be 14 years old or older to access the Foundbite website. Should we find a user under 14 years of age has been using Foundbite their account and all associated data will be deleted accordingly. Lame as it is, you should probably check with a parent before registering if you're between 14 and 18.
We may change this page from time to time, if the changes are significant enough we'll let you know via email.